*Info: How to make Spinnerbaits
This Spinnerbait Component Matrix shows you which parts go together on what size Spinnerbait. A #7 Willowblade for example isn't compatible with a 7grams Spinnerbait Head. Your lure won't run straight then. A very small blade on a heavy 70grams head is also not a good choice, since the lift of this blade won't be sufficient to let the lure run properly.
The Matrix is based on the parts we sell at Lureparts.nl and what we think is best to use.
Example 1 : To finish of a 42grams Head (1.5oz) into a nice single Colorado Bladed Spinnerbait, you need the following parts:
1. A #7 Crane swivel or a #4 Ball Bearing Swivel (with Splitrings)
2. A Splitring #6 if you decide to use a Crane Swivel and not the BB Swivel.
3. A Colorado Blade #6 or 7. #7 will give a bit more lift. That way your bait will run a bit more shallow compared to the #6.
4. Trailer Hook : 7/0 (254 Eagle Claw)
Choose your favourite Spinnerbait Skirt(s) and your ready to go fishing..
Example 2 : To finish of a 28grams Head (1oz) into a nice Double Bladed Spinnerbait (Colorado/ Willowleaf), you need the following parts:
1. A #7 Crane swivel or a #3 Ball Bearing Swivel (with Splitrings)
2. A Splitring #5 if you decide to use a Crane Swivel and not the BB Swivel.
3. As a Shaft Blade we could choose a Colorado Blade #4 or a Willowleaf Blade #4. Your choice here.
4. Clevis #4 to let the Shaft Blade run properly.
5. Hollow Beads 4.8mm. You may also use other beads or spacers.
6. As a (master)blade we could choose between a colorado #5/ 6 or a Willowleaf #5/ 6.
7. Trailer Hook : 7/0 (254 Eagle Claw)
Choose your favourite Spinnerbait Skirt(s) again and your ready to go fishing...